Sitting is the new smoking!
In support of Back Care Awareness Weak, a few top tips for being comfortable at work.
Did you know?
- Most British adults sit for more than 9 hours a day, over twice the recommended amount.
- Prolonged sitting is strongly linked to increased heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Even regular exercise cannot undo the effect of sitting.
- Reducing daily sitting by 1 hour can burn 1kg of fat a month.
80% of Scandinavians sit-stand at work, compared to only 1% of workers in the UK!
To help combat this, you should build positive new habits:
- Stand up on public transport.
- Park your car further from work.
- Take phone calls standing up.
- Experiment with standing or walking meetings.
- Reduce your sitting time at home.